Wednesday 18 April 2012

New Sportsnet Ad

In the past two years I've been very impressed with the Sportsnet ads, in particular the one last season leading up to the Home Opener, the "I'm Coming Home" ad. That thing still gives me a hard on ... In a totally non-gay way. Well, slightly gay...

However this new ad featuring City and Colour's song Fragile Bird is brutal. It's so inappropriate for a commercial, especially one that is supposed to get people excited and interested for the Jays. I feel like it's targeted towards a type of person who goes to a douchey, overpriced cocktail bar and discusses cricket, rather than drinks beer and watches baseball. Next, the fact that the song is called "Fragile Bird" and it was chosen for a Blue Jays commercial is downright retarded. I really hope that somebody lost their job for that, seriously. Not only are Blue Jays vicious birds in nature, but who in their right mind refers to their team as fragile in a positive manner? Nobody who knows baseball, that's for sure. Try soccer, those guys are fragile, not to mention little bitches.

Anyways, this commercial really bugged me. I've been very impressed with the Sportsnet ads thus far, but this one was equivalent to Brett Lawrie trying to steal home, with the bases loaded, and Jose Bautista at the plate. "What the hell were you thinking?"

1 comment:

  1. You just alerted me to something I had no idea about. And I like having ideas about things. You're right though, "fragile bird" are you kidding me. We don't read poetry here at the CC. We ride tyrranosaurus rex and would never call the owner to say "I won't play for SVG". Alternative choices include:

    "Bluebird", "Fly Like an Eagle", "I Hate Seagulls", "The Vulture", "Birds of Paradise", "Birdland".

    Remember Nelly Furtado, she's fun to look at, remember "I'm Like a Bird". Yeah you do. You know why, because anything is better than Fragile bird.

    ReplyDelete