Saturday 10 March 2012

Foreign Correspondence

Hey dudes,

Sorry for my lack of postings, being none thusfar, but I am not a blogger by nature. I wish I had a legitimate excuse, but I'm just lazy. I'd rather watch or listen to the Jays and discuss stuff in person rather than write about it. However, like most men in a relationship have said without really meaning it "Baby, I'm trying to change".

So that being said, let me catch you up on my trip in Florida in which I had planned to see some Jays games, things have not gone as planned.

So I'm in Delray Beach (look at the map if you don't know where it is, as I said I'm lazy and don't want to describe it to you), which is possibly the furthest location from Dunedin and the Jays. So my plan was to rent a car for a few days and drive roughly 4 hours across Florida, get a hotel nearby, and watch the Jays. However, being unemployed has it's downsides, mainly being a broke ass bitch! So that plan went out the window.

Then I figured that I'd be able to watch the Jays on TV ... Guess again. Even though the games are set up for viewing, the MLB network only televises on one channel for the preseason. I even went to a few sports bars down here to check if they had anything, zilch. Long story short, I ended up having to buy a $20 membership to MLB.com to get the radio broadcasts for the year, so at least I can listen to Jays, or any other games, wherever there is internet access. At least I could follow the games while getting some sun in the backyard, which is better than nothing I guess.

So, after a few days of listening to Alan and Jerry, I really started jonesing HARD for some live action. So I decided that I was going to make a day trip up to Kissimmee to watch the Jays on Friday, come hell or high water I wanted to see a Jays game while I was here. Again, things didn't go as planned ... Now you need to know that the drive to Kissimmee is 3 hours each way, which I was fully prepared to make, provided the game wasn't going to be rained out. However, upon checking the weather the night before, it called for 80% chance of rain. I figured I'd make a game time decision the next morning. So I woke up nice and early and checked the weather again, now it called for a 95% chance of rain ... I made what I thought was the wise decision and decided to stay here and hit the beach, provided it wasn't a crappy day.

Well it turns out that Florida meteorologists are borderline retarded as the weather was perfect both here and in Kissimmee. I can't explain how upset and frustrated I was that the one game I had a chance at seeing, I blew off because I thought it was going to be a bust and would involve 6 hours of driving for nothing.

Also, keep in mind that I couldn't have had any beer as I would've had to drive back. So instead I had some beers in the sun, got a mad sunburn, listened to the game on my computer, and got pissed off because the Jays DESTROYED the Astros and I wasn't there to witness it!!!

Anyways, I needed to get that off my chest as I'm still bitter about the whole situation. I'm glad that the Jays are having a solid spring, and my first real blog concerning them will be following shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, this is the story of your frickin' life!!! I love it hahahaha Makes me kinda happy that I didn't go with you down south. Although, I have to say that if I did go, I would have dragged your a$$ to Kissimmee even if the forecast called for a 100% chance of rain. You missed a beauty of a game! hahahaha CLASSIC

    ReplyDelete